Dairy Free Vanilla Cupcakes

Dairy Free Cupcakes.


Hello everyone! So it’s been just under a week since my last post the The Biscoff Drip which you all seemed to love you can find the post for that here- The Biscoff Drip recipe
I loved it- the cake I mean, it tasted amazing!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend; it was wet and rainy where I am but never mind I had my baby boy to keep me company as always!

I thought I would share this recipe with you as it’s is sooooo simple it’s ridiculous! It is shocking the amount of people who are intolerant to Dairy and that should never mean you can’t eat cake. Everybody should be able to eat cake!!!

So if you would like to read my ramblings whilst telling you how to make some Dairy Free cupcakes then read on but if you don’t want to read my ramblings then scroll down to the bottom and you will find the basic Method.

So the dairy part of a cake/cupcake is the butter so it’s just about finding a good alternative to bake with that gives a flavour as close to the flavour of a cupcake with butter. If you go to any of the leading supermarkets they will have a range of Dairy alternatives, I have found that for cupcakes Vitalite is a great alternative-

Cream together 100g of Vitalite or your chosen Dairy Free spread and 175g Light brown sugar or you could use Caster sugar until fully combined. Once combined add 3 Large eggs or 4 medium.

 This recipe will yield 12 cupcakes so obviously if you want more double it, if you want less half it.

Once the eggs have combined add in 175g of self raising flour, now there are so many types and brands of self raising flour and you can definitely tell the difference in the quality of the sponge from the quality of the flour you use. My family own an animal feed store and sell maize and corn etc, one of the companies they use is called Marriages who also make flour at a very high quality so I use their white self raising flour .
You can grab a bag of that here-Marriages Self Raising Flour
It makes the sponges so light and fluffy! 

So once you have mixed the Vitalite, eggs, sugar and flour add in 1tsp of Vanilla essence and mix until your cake batter is smooth and creamy. Evenly spread your cake batter into 12 cupcake cases and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 180c/350f/gm4.

Once your cupcakes are baked and golden transfer them onto a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely for 15 minutes.

Whilst they are cooling cream together 250g of the stork baking block and 600g of icing sugar 1 tbsp at a time until fully combined and then fold in1 tsp of vanilla essence. I was making these cupcakes for a couples Ruby anniversary so I split the buttercream mixture into two bowels left one at its natural colour and coloured one with ‘Rainbow Dust Claret pro gel’. I then placed half of each down one side of a disposable piping bag and placed this in my piping reusable bag using my 01/l/6 Tulip Nifty Nozzle tip and then decorated each cupcake, when using the Nifty Nozzle its best to make sure your buttercream is thick enough to hold up in its shape. Place the tip on the top of the cupcake piping out some buttercream pull up and pull away quickly.

And voila some beautifully decorated Ruby anniversary Dairy Free cupcakes! These were great fun to make and I think they looked beautiful and they tasted great too, you would not know that they are Dairy Free!
Hope you give this recipe a go if you do let me know! Subscribe to my blog and let me know if there are any recipes you want me to try out! If you do post any of my recipes on insta be sure to use my hashtag  #emilystiersofjoy #thecakeroometj
Emily
Xx

Dairy Free Cupcakes Recipe
Ingredients:
Sponge-
100g Dairy Free Spread (vitalite)
175g Light Brown Sugar
175g Self Raising Flour
1tsp Vanilla essence
4 Medium eggs/3 Large
Buttercream-
250g Stork Baking Block
600g Icing Sugar
1tsp Vanilla essence

Method:
Step One:
Mix together 100g Vitalite and 175g of Light brown sugar.
Step Two:
Add 4 Medium eggs 175g Self raising flour and 1tsp if vanilla essence, mix until you have a smooth creamy cake batter.
Step Three:
Evenly distribute into 12 cupcake cases and place in the oven for 30 minutes in a fan oven at 180c/350f/gm4. Bake for 30 minutes until golden. Once done place on cooling rack from 15 minutes.
Step Four:
Mix 250g Stork Baking Block with 600g of icing sugar and 1tsp of vanilla essence until smooth and creamy.
Place in a piping bag and decorate your cupcakes. (For details on the colours is used and tip please read above)
Yum Yum all done!!


Thanks again for reading my blog I hope you have a crack at making some Dairy Free cupcakes. If you do let me know send me some pictures and if you share on instagram be sure to tag - #emilystiersofjoy #thecakeroometj
If you have any ideas and recipes you’d like to see me try please let me know and if you like what you have seen so far do subscribe to get updates as soon as I post them!

Emily xx

Comments

Popular Posts